Wednesday, December 12

The Beeb Blog's MORE GOOD/LESS SUCK Single Of The Week: Ashlee Simpson - Outta My Head


The Beeb Blog.com has decided to dedicate a section each week, to the songs punishing our airwaves. Songs that we don't want you to have to listen to, so we bravely take on listening to them for you. You can thank us later!

We couldn't think of a better way to break it down for you than to call on ERNOLD SANE, a DJ/promoter/sometimes-writer hailing from the great Canadian white north, and use his famously icey tongue to start things off.


THIS WEEK'S MORE GOOD/LESS SUCK SONG:
Ashlee Simpson - Outta My Head (AY YA YA) produced by Timbaland

At first this song scared the crap out of me. I felt like I was being bullied around by Orphan Annie. I really had to pep myself up to listen to it for a second time. It's completely painful from start to finish, but not in a guilty pleasure way, more like "dry hard rape" kinda way, that you keep to yourself and cry to your cats about.

The best part of the song is when she's singing, "You're talking way too much, I can't even hear me now all your noise is messing with my head " It was like she was reading my mind, but instead of Ashlee Simpson singing, it was this giant pig head dressed in plaid and it was squeeling the lyrics in my hear. That freaked me out a bit coz it was totally unexpected, so I had to picture her as Orphan Annie again.

What I'm getting at is that Ashlee Simpson obviously cannot sing. Even with the amount of effects they use, but she can't really talk either, it's like Peter Brady when his voice is breaking and he's singing the song 'Change'... now
that is a tune!
-Ernold Sane


ERNOLD SANE will be playing with Datarock this Friday at the opening of Vancouver's The Biltmore Cabaret. Check out his Myspace to give him a piece of your mind, or for more info!

Want to judge for yourself? Have a listen to the song below:

Ashlee Simpson - Outta My Head (AY YA YA) (ZSHARE)

BACK TO HOME PAGE

Make sure to support the artist &
buy some of their (other) music here!